Walt Disney said it best, “Do what you do so well that they will want to see it again and bring their friends.”
Many years ago, (1979 to be exact) Jim and Dawna paid close attention to Walt’s simple, yet profound message.
It’s a message that still rings true today for anyone who sees the value in creating a hot-and-heavy love affair between your company and your customers in a way that scales both positive word of mouth and brand equity.
But, if Walt Disney’s quote represents the ideal, the numbers tell an entirely different story:
- 64% of brands get ratings of “OK,” “poor,” or “very poor” from their customers.
- 89% of consumers switch to a competitor following a poor customer experience.
- 60% of consumers will pay more $$$ for a better customer experience.
For any entrepreneur or career-minded person, there is always an opportunity to make customers swoon and grab market share from other companies who are merely content with just going through the motions and being like everybody else.
Jim and Dawna Gilbert decided years ago the surest road to profitable, long-term success and feeling fulfilled with their work was to make business transactions more than just another casual fling. And that’s how they approached the crafting of what has become one of Canada’s greatest small business success stories. With Valentine’s Day upon us, there is a lot of Love In The Business Air as HUGGABLE UNIVERSITY opens for enrollment on this edition of The Reinvention Chronicles.
“If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started by a mouse”
THREE FAST FACTOIDS FROM “LOVE IN THE BUSINESS AIR”
- It will cost you 6 to 7 times more to acquire a new customer than it does to retain an existing one. Real business growth comes from a steady stream of repeat and referral customers. Even a 5% increase in customer retention will routinely boost business profitability by 25-100%.
- It will take 12 positive service experiences to make up for 1 negative experience. Which is really no different than the amount of encouraging words that couples need to use with each other to mend fences and heal any emotional wounds after a contentious issue or dispute.
- All you in this life is your reputation and in business that reputation will rise and fall on the brand or the story you have created in the mind of the market. 84% of consumers all over the world will trust recommendations from friends and loved ones before falling for anything that comes from what they read in the newspaper or hear in a radio ad. And your reputation will be influenced the most by what happens in the actual 3-foot space between front-line and the customer – not what they see on a 30-foot billboard or a TV commercial watched by an audience of 300,000 or 3-million.
HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY!
Beginning today, on February 14, 2017, HUGGABLE UNIVERSITY is officially open for enrollment. The first online class is now available for you to plug into timeless secrets that created astonishing 15-20X business growth, substantial differentiation and a long-term strategy to build brand equity.
Now you have a cost-effective and efficint way to apply the same philosophy and business-building strategies for your company.
CEO’s, entrepreneurs and start-ups from all over the world can now leverage these insights and become part of an online community dedicated to building their business and brand in a similar fashion. HUGGABLE UNIVERSITY will feature monthly video-based sessions, downloadable tools and unconventional curriculum that will help any business get noticed, get ahead and get results.
Back in 2006, this otherwise ordinary, Mom-and-Pop business, from a most unlikely category, started doubling and tripling its annual sales volume and wound up becoming a bonafide “Category of One”; earning a reputation as one of the country’s greatest small business success stories.
Some have referred to Jim Gilbert’s Wheels & Deals as the Canadian equivalent of world-famous Pike Place Fish Market in Seattle. All I know is that if Walt Disney himself was going to set up a used-car lot, he would enrol and take his cues from HUGGABLE UNIVERSITY. Besides Walt, if there is anyone who knows how leveraging the timeless lessons of story-telling can transform anything from Florida swampland to a Fredericton used-car lot and make your wildest dreams come true, it’s the man who created his own Five Acres of Fabulous, Jim Gilbert.
Originally published in Reinvention Chronicles
Gair Maxwell’s critically-acclaimed book, “NUTS, BOLTS AND A FEW LOOSE SCREWS” waits patiently for you at Chapters.ca and Amazon.com. His newest E-Book, “THE REINVENTION CODE” – 7 Timeless Secrets to Unlock New Beginnings in Business & Life is available as a free download